- Filter cakes
- Heavy metal sludges
- Electric arc furnace dust
- Dust and flyash from gas filtration
- Oil sludges
- flyash from municipal waste incinerators
- Pirite calcination waste
- Contaminated soils
Hazardous solid wastes must be stabilized before landfilling. Chemical fixation techniques convert toxic components into their least soluble, mobile or toxic form by means of physicochemical processes. The effectiveness and legitimacy of these processes are regulated by environmental legislation in every country.
In each stabilization project Ecosystem aims to:
- Develop the optimum chemical formula in order to minimize treatment and landfill costs.
- Design an unbeatable process which includes engineering, materials, automation and production plant coupling.
Urban waste incinerator’s fly ash
Based on the above principles, Ecosystem has developed a new process named VALORCEN® which transforms urban incinerator fly ash from a toxic merial to one which is inert and has value. This method applies to fly ashes from urban waste incinerators. This process, which is patented by Ecosystem prevens heavy metals from leaching into acquifers and also eliminates 99.99% of dioxins.The final product can be used as a concrete additive.